Heavy Vehicle Use Tax
Heavy vehicle use tax (HVUT) alternative proof of payment program for less than 25 vehicles
This filing service is being offered at all offices of the Flagler County Tax Collector only if you are a Flagler County resident that is renewing your registration.
To pay your HVUT at the office you will need to bring the following:
- The completed original Form 2290
- Payment in full of the amount due by check payable to the United States Treasury.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The IRS does not consider your return filed for federal tax purposes until the IRS receives it. Therefore, if your return is late, you must file your return at the IRS office in Daytona Beach.
- Use of this system does not change the due date for your return and payment.
- You should also be aware that this program will not work if you are registering vehicles in more than one state.
- The Flagler County Tax Collector’s Office is voluntarily offering this service to Flagler County residents. We are not reimbursed for this service. We are not an agent or contractor of the IRS. We do not receive confidential return information from the IRS records of your account.
- If you have any question about your Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Taxes, please contact the IRS at (866) 699-4096 or visit www.irs.gov.