Flagler County Driver License Services
Driver License services are provided at the Flagler County Tax Collector's Office. The main location in Bunnell is a Full Service Office. The Palm Coast Branch Office provides limited services. Please click below to view the services provided at each office. For requirements or specific questions, please call us at 386-313-4160.
To renew your driver license online, please visit:
Driver License and Identification Requirements
All U.S. citizens applying for a Florida Driver License will have to present one of the following primary documents:
- Begining January 1, 2010, Floridians renewing or obtaining a new driver license or identification card will be required to show proof of 1)identification, 2)Social Security number and 3)two items of residential address
- Florida drivers and ID card holders are required to renew in person by December 1, 2014, (if your birthday is December 1, 1964, and later) and December 1, 2017, (if your birthday is November 30, 1964 and earlier) and present required documentation for your new card. Without identification that complies with the Federal Real ID Act, persons will not be allowed to board a commercial flight or enter a federal building.
- Florida residents obtaining a new license, replacing a lost or stolen card or changing their name prior to their renewal date should visit an issuing office with new forms of documentation ready for processing.
- Floridians looking to renew a driver license are allowed to do so by Internet or mail up to one time. Following this convenient option, your next renewal must be in a driver license or tax collector office, at which time you will be asked to provide the required documentation.
Click GatherGoGet for the document checklist.
Veteran's Designation Go to top
Veterans who live in Florida can add a veteran designation to their driver license or ID card, which is simply a blue “V” on the bottom right portion of the card.
To add the “V” to a license or ID card, veterans can visit an office and should plan to:
- Present their proof of honorable discharge from active duty, such as a DD-214*. For a listing of other acceptable forms of proof of honorable discharge, please click here.
- Pay a one-time $1 fee, in addition to the replacement or renewal fee.
- Visit www.GatherGoGet.com to ensure they have all the other documents required.
We are extremely proud of our men and women in uniform, as well as those who have served in the past, and our license plates reflect our patriotic pride.
License plates available to motorists who meet designated criteria:
National Guard, U.S. Reserve, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom, U.S. Paratrooper, Pearl Harbor Survivor, Ex-Prisoner of War, Purple Heart, Medal of Honor, Gold Star, Disabled Veteran, and Paralyzed Vets of America. For a complete listing of these military plates and their images, please click here.
License plates available to all motorists:
Florida Salutes Veterans, Support Our Troops, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy. For a complete listing of all specialty plates available to the public, please click here.
*Veterans who need to obtain a copy of their DD-214, may request it through the National Archives, which provides information on how to make the request online at www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/.